As VISTEC aimed to be a world-class frontier research institute, it is necessary to build an international studying environment, so having international students gives more opportunity to increase the cultural diversity in the institute.
Benefits of Being VISTEC International Student
Obtaining a VISA
After your application to study at VISTEC is approved, you will need to obtain a non-immigrant ED visa from the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate to enter Thailand. In any case, DO NOT enter Thailand on a tourist or transit visa, as they cannot be extended to cover your period of study.
1. Copy of the official acceptance letter, and a set of your visa request documents from VISTEC.
2. Copy of your passport-information page(s).
Note: Foreign nationals on a student visa are not eligible to work in Thailand.
1. Certificate of student status.
2. Transcript or Academic Record.
3. Your real passport and a copy of the page showing your details (including photo).
4. Copy of your passport visa page (showing the visa expiration date)
5. Visa extension request letter from VISTEC.
6. A recent 4×6 cm photograph.
7. Copy of Your House Hold Registration in Thailand
1. Request a copy of your transcript and certificate of student status from the Student Administration at least 4 weeks before your visa expires.
2. Inform the Student Administration to reserve the van at least 3 days before going to the immigration office
3. Prepare your copy of passport with departure card (TM.6) and visa page.
4. Contact the Immigration Office with all listed documents, fee 1,900 THB, original passport and a recent 4×6 cm. photograph.
Note: You will be fined an overstay charge consisting of 500 THB per day if you do not extend your visa on time. The maximum charge is 20,000 THB.
90 Days Report
The Thai Immigration Office requires all foreigners staying in Thailand longer than 90 days to report their current address every 90 days and must be done between 15 days before the due date to 7 days after.
1. Report in person at the Immigration office with original passport.
1.1. VISTEC international students must inform the Student Administration officer to reserve VISTEC van at least 3 days before going to the immigration office.
• Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
– front page showing name / surname / Passport Number
– current visa
– last entry stamp of immigration
– last extension of visa
• Photocopy of departure card (TM.6)
• Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)
• Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47 (Don’t forget to sign your name)
Note: The 90 Day Report is NOT a visa extension! The process can be done by person at the Immigration Office or by post 15 days before the due date. If you are late reporting to immigration, you may be prosecuted and/or fined 2,000 – 4,000 THB.
Students who plan to leave Thailand for any purpose must apply for Re-Entry permit after their return from aboard. Student must bring their original passport to inform the local Immigration Office within 24 hours.
1. Completed re-entry form (can be obtained from the Immigration Office front desk).
3. A recent 4×6 cm. photograph.
Note: Fees for Single Re-entry 1,000 THB, Fees for Multiple Re-entry 3,800 THB.
Whenever international students come back from other countries, you must inform VISTEC Student Administration to report your address to the immigration website, and send him the copy of passport with TM.6 within 24 hours.