As a Thailand’s leading Energy Company, PTT Public Company Limited strongly believes that a higher-education research institute dedicated to science and technology with the missions to foster exceptional scientists and to build cutting-edge knowledge and innovation is crucial for the nation. Therefore, PTT Group has founded Rayong Institute of Science and Technology Foundation to establish Vidyasirimedhi Institute of Science and Technology (VISTEC), the first world-class research and educational institute in science and technology in Rayong, Thailand, with the emphasis on knowledge discovery and interdisciplinary cutting-edge research.
VISTEC has opened admission for all applicants to apply for Master and Doctoral degree programs in Materials Science and Engineering (International Program) in the School of Molecular Science and Engineering (MSE) and Master and Doctoral degree programs in Chemical Engineering (International Program) in the School of Energy Science and Engineering (ESE). Moreover, the admission is opened for Master and Doctoral degree programs in the Schools of Biomolecular Science and Engineering (BSE) and Information Science and Technology (IST). The first semester of the academic year 2018-2019 will start in August 2018.
|Application||Now until December 31, 2018|
|Notification for Interview||January 11, 2019|
|Interview||January 19-20, 2019|
|Result Notification||February, 2019|
Education and Research Supports
All accepted students will receive education and research supports as outlined below.
|1.||Full scholarship with no obligation after graduation covering**:
• University fees (300,000 THB per year)
• Monthly stipend (15,000 or 20,000 THB per month depending on the selected program)
|2.||General research funding includes**:
• Research operation (150,000 THB per year)
• Travel expenses for presenting at conferences (up to 50,000 to 150,000 THB throughout the length of the study, depending on the selected program)
• Supporting resources such as personal computer, books, and stationery (30,000 THB)
• All expenses for conducting research abroad (up to 1,000,000 THB for PhD programs only)
|3.||Srimedhi Scholarship receiver will be granted by Her Royal Highness Princess Maka Sirindhorn to receive THB 2,000,000 for conducting research abroad.|
|4.||Excellent, all-inclusive campus facilities:
• Residences for all students with weekly transportation back and forth between VISTEC and Bangkok also provided.
• Facilities for sports and students’ activities
• Modern and eco-friendly architecture
|5.||State-of-the-art research facilities|
|6.||Outstanding faculty members and researchers|
|7.||Opportunities for collaborating with leading industries and research institutes|
** The scholarship details comply with the university rules and regulations.